Wednesday 1 July 2015

Liturgical Lifestyle | June

Remember when I said {April's liturgical living} was a dud?   Well, it wasn't.  Because June was.

I'm not as {gracious as Bonnie about letting go and just living life}, probably because I haven't, really.  Afon is in school full time, more like a daycare, but he's in desperate need of the structure, and I'm in desperate need of the break.  It means mostly driving, and then napping, then driving, managing Afon, and going back to bed for nursing-punctuated sleep, only to get up and do it all over again.



The sleep is essential to my keeping it together, and I am doing well.  I'll just have to accept that in order to function well I must sacrifice some interests and productivity, at least for now.  I'm thirty years old (as of the 4th of June), and I know that sleeping when I am tired is essential to my health and happiness.  Some people may be able to skid by on six hours and a cup of coffee.  One of those people I am not.


I blog and browse Facebook while waiting for the baby to fall asleep.


I'm a little disappointed that we missed the high feasts of Midsummer (forgot St. John the Baptist and was sick for Sts. Peter and Paul), but that's the great thing about the liturgical year: it's cyclical.  It always comes back around, like a faithful hound, fresh and invigorated from its wanderings.


Meanwhile, on the blog:


Onward, July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...