Monday 9 February 2015

6/52


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015."

Afon:  A country boy if I ever saw one, hauling refuge to the woodpile, for fun.  Snapped on my father's iPhone.

Roan:  Sweet baby startled by the sudden cold of his mama's insistence on taking an almost-naked picture.  Exactly three weeks old.

My two naked children, one at will, the other not so much.  The weather has been cooler, but that hasn't deterred Afon from spending his naked days in the back yard.  We got the Autistic diagnosis in November, which didn't come as much as a surprise.  He's been shirking clothes since we returned to Florida in mid-July, but only latey has he developed a real aversion to them--to the point of having an absolute meltdown when we try to dress him.  We're so weary from fighting, we'll settle for just diapers indoors.  Relief in the form of therapy coming soon, we dare to hope!

Roan has had a cold the past couple of days.  He nursed almost all last night, but I didn't care, I was so happy to have him back breastfeeding again!  Even in his misery, he hardly complains.  He is called "the shelf baby" with affection, but I dearly hope he won't be set aside to deal with his difficult brother more than is necessary.  God love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...