Monday 9 November 2015

Leafscapes


We returned to Wales on the 6th, and I was delighted to find many paper-yellow leaves still clinging to the trees.  It's been pretty warm for November, and that probably has something to do with it.

I don't like to say the exact time and date of travel because of Safety On the Internet 101, and I'm sorry I didn't get to see all the people I had intended to when I was Stateside.  I did come to "work," and I put a lot of time and effort into pictures.  Then family and furniture packing took up the rest of my time.  We might be back for Christmas.  It depends on if I can bring Afon.

Some holiday-makers stayed at the inn down the road this weekend, and we heard firecrackers going off and saw the flash of fireworks on Friday and Saturday.  I'm assuming they were Bonfire Day celebrations, and it was courteous of them to wait 'til the weekend.

I ordered a few bars of beeswax from Amazon, and my hope is to collect some of the autumn leaves on a dry day and make a wax leaf garland out of them.  I don't have a crock pot, but a disposable roasting pan will do just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...