Wednesday 29 April 2015

Journaling

I used to keep journals. Not regularly. Usually when I traveled. Rome. Ecuador. Wales. Those were the times I wanted to clutch experiences like fireflies, to dash out my first impressions before they could lose their glamor from examination, familiarty, and staleness.


And then some day years later, perhaps when you are cleaning house or looking for something to do on a rainy day, you pick it up and turn through the pages, and it is is a delight to discover little swatches of time and memory tucked between the pages.

Do you (or did you) keep a journal?  What sort of things do you (or did you) write about?

2 comments:

  1. All my life. And I write about the things I can't speak of, that burn too hot inside to go unacknowledged. :)

    "I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train."--from Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's probably a really healthy practice. No wonder I was such a depressed adolescent! I needed to journal more. :P And I love me some Oscar Wilde. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...