Thursday 29 January 2015

New Baby Songs

I'm going to ease back into blogging, I hope.  After a very difficult pregnancy and an emergency C-section, baby and I are healing and resting.  Roan is a dream child and no trouble at all, which is a mercy straight from God because during my hiatus, big brother Afon was officially diagnosed with Autism.  It was not unexpected and came as a relief to know that I wasn't just failing at parenthood.  He really is a more difficult than average child.  I have some reflections on that topic, but more later.


Roan turned two weeks yesterday.  That's all the excuse I need to share the playlist we've been listening to over the past half a month.   No "Rock-a-bye Baby" or "Twinkle, Twinkle" here.  These are new baby songs that grown-ups can enjoy, too!

(Click the number that corresponds to the song to open it on Youtube.)

1 // "New Soul" by Yael Naim  2 // "Something in the Water" by Brooke Fraser  3 // "Little Bird, Little Bird" by Elizabeth Mitchell  4 // "Little Lion Man" (censored) by Mumford and Sons  5 // "Go to Sleep Little Baby" from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?  6 // "Down to the River to Pray" by Alison Krauss  7 // "Ong Tal Sam (Little Spring)" by Elizabeth Mitchell  8 // "Sunny Day" by Elizabeth Mitchell  9 // "Green, Green Rocky Road" by Dave van Ronk  10 // "Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan  11 // "Bag End" from The Lord of the Rings  12 // "The Call" by Regina Spektor


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry for your emergency c-section. :( I had one for one of the twins (AFTER giving birth vaginally, darn it) and they are scary. So glad that you guys are okay! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, how frustrating! And I thought going through labor and surgery recovery was bad!

      Delete
  2. Oh, so glad you and baby R. are OK! My Mom had me as an emerg-C section... God gave her peace but these things are never easy! Sorry about Alfon's troubles but do not give up ever, God is with you. So glad to see you back here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...